At FinAlly.sg, we collect data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our services. FinAlly.sg in its operation of the portal has responsibilities in relation to the collection, use, disclosure, storage and transfer of personal data. We collect and process data that you provide for the purpose of providing you with financial products information and services and for us to communicate with you. During the use of the portal’s tools and functions, you will be asked to provide certain information in order to complete your request or transaction. This information includes, but not limited to, your name, age, gender, email address, mailing address, telephone number, etc. Such collection and process of data will be in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 ("PDPA"). By accessing and using this portal, you are deemed to have read, accepted, and agreed to be legally bound by the terms of this Privacy Statement regardless of whether you have registered as a user or not, and you are consenting our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
We follow strict security procedures when obtaining, processing and storing the personal information with which we have been entrusted. These includes physical, technological and organizational safeguards. We will take all reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal data collected by us or on our behalf is accurate and complete. For additional information on how to secure your transactions and the privacy of personal information, please refer to our security policy.
Third parties whom we may be required to disclose your personal data to include your financial advisers, insurers, financial institutions, business partners and affiliated companies. The disclosure will take place as it is reasonably required for the purposes stated above and limited to what is necessary for us and these third parties to do the work in order to provide you with the insurance products information and services.
Your information will be kept for as long as it is needed for the purposes for which it was collected, and as required for business or legal purposes. Once your personal data is no longer required for these purposes, we will destroy, erase or make anonymous the data.
Information collected in accordance with this Privacy Statement may be stored or processed outside of Singapore. For personal data stored or processed outside of Singapore, FinAlly.sg will strictly follow the regulations under the PDPA and Personal Data Protection Regulations 2014. This will be so as long as the data is under our possession or control. FinAlly.sg will ensure that the recipient of the personal data, the third-party, located outside Singapore is also legally required to provide at least an equal standard of protection to the personal data. However, if it is found that these countries that have lower standard of personal data protection laws than Singapore, you are deemed to consent to such transfer, storage, or processing in providing your personal data through our FinAlly.sg portal. However, you have the right to inform us that you would like to withdraw your consent to such use of your personal data whether locally or outside of Singapore. You can inform us by sending us a message through the Contact Us page within the portal, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement without prior notice and using this portal after any such amendment shall be taken as acceptance of the amended Privacy Statement in its entirety. If you do not agree to this Privacy Statement, please discontinue your access to, and use of the portal immediately.
Our Privacy Statement is governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore. Disputes with this Privacy Statement shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore.
Cookies allow us, among other things, to store your preference and settings; enable you to sign-in; provide interest-based advertising; and analyse how our website and services are performing.
- Do not reveal your password to anyone, including any employee of RAY ALLIANCE Financial Advisers
- Select a unique password that is different from your personal information such as your telephone number, date of birth or other guessable personal information
- Your password should be at least 8 characters and include both alphabets as well as numbers
- Try not to use sequential numbers (e.g. 123456) or the same number more than twice (e.g. 121145) for your password
- Do not write your password down or store it in any computer storage device. It is best that you memorize your password
- Change your password regularly or when there is any suspicion that it has been compromised or impaired by using the ‘Change Password’ feature
- Do not enter your password into a computer you are not familiar with
- When asked by the browser if you want to store the user ID and password, always select ‘No’
- Using fake email addresses, logos, and graphics to mislead you into accepting the validity of the emails and websites
- Faking domain names to appear as representing us
- Duping users into providing personal details through one or more methods such as hyperlinks to fake websites or embedded forms in emails
Phishing is the act of sending an email to a user falsely claiming to be an established legitimate enterprise in an attempt to scam the user into surrendering private information that will be used for identity theft. Common techniques that are used by the phishing fraudsters include, but are not limited to the following:
Spyware consists of computer software that gathers and reports information about a computer user without the user’s knowledge or consent. These programs monitor user browsing patterns on the internet, harvest private information (email addresses, passwords and credit card numbers), and transmits this information in the background to someone else.
Spyware applications are typically bundled as a hidden component of freeware or shareware programs that can be downloaded from the internet. Sometimes advertised as a means to improve internet connection speed and gain other benefits. Some spyware, when installed, redirect and reroute the internet connections of users through the spyware servers.
- Your web browser settings have been changed without your knowledge
- You have a new 3rd party toolbar in your web browser which you are finding it difficult to get rid of
- Your web browser crashes frequently when you are surfing
- Slowdown in the system performance of your computer where computer operations is taking longer than usual
You may have spyware in your computer if:
- Do not download and install software from unknown websites
- Refrain from clicking on banners and pop-up ads that entice you with freebies
- Install and update anti-spyware regularly. Perform system scan on your computer to locate, quarantine and delete any spyware in your system
- Install a virus protection software and keep it updated with the latest anti-virus signatures
- Keep your computer operating system and web browser current. Perform regular system updates for your operating system.
- Change your investment account password regularly
- Change your investment account password regularly
You may want to take the following precautions:
- Clear your cache and history after each login session
- Never leave your session unattended and log off your online session after use
- Check your last login details and notify us if you notice any suspicious login
- Install anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall software in your computers and keep it updated
- If you are using wireless network devices, ensure that the transmission is secure
- Do not open email attachments from unknown sources
- When logging in, always ensure that it is a SSL encrypted connection. This is indicated as https:// in the URL or as a padlock in the status bar.
Other suggested good practices
This Privacy and Security Policy is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore. No third party shall have any right pursuant to the Contracts (Right of Third Parties) Act to enforce any of the above terms.